The forum showcasing effective risk management techniques in South African banking industry
PLEASE NOTE, THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS INFORMATION RELATING TO THE 2013 CONFERENCE. ONCE UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE 2014 CONFERENCE, THEY WILL BE POSTED HERE SO PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY.
Risk magazine is proud to launch the Risk Johannesburg forum - the event specifically tailored for risk management professionals in the banking industry. Taking place on 12th March 2013 in Johannesburg, this intense one day event will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the latest developments in risk management strategies, and will address the most pressing issues related to regulatory initiatives in South Africa and globally.
Expert speakers who will lead the forum include:
- KEYNOTE: Blessing Mudavanhu, Group Chief Risk Officer, AFRICAN BANKING CORPORATION
- KEYNOTE: Jan Lubbe, Chief Risk Officer, ABSA
- Andre Bezuidenhout, Head of Risk Management and Compliance Department, SOUTH AFRICAN RESERVE BANK
- Gareth Buchner, Head of Derivative Counterparty Credit Risk Management, RAND MERCHANT BANK
- Leila Fourie, Director, Post-Trade Services, JOHANNESBURG STOCK EXCHANGE
- Roy Havemann, Chief Director of Financial Markets and Stability, NATIONAL TREASURY
- Tim Gebbie, Algo Trader & Developer, INVESTEC
- Peter Hosier, Group Head of Operations Control, STANDARD BANK
- Deeren Pillay, Head of Financial Regulatory Reporting, ABSA CAPITAL
- Douglas Volsteedt, Head of Strategic Performance Management, RAND MERCHANT BANK
The practical advice that you will receive from our outstanding line-up of experts will equip you with the knowledge and contacts to tackle the challenging times ahead. You will walk away having explored new opportunities, discussed the current changes and identified best practices going forward.
This one day, one stream forum will give the chance to meet your peers and discuss topics that are truly important to your company.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to:
- Assess latest initiatives in risk management strategies
- Measure the impact of new regulatory changes on South African banking industry
- Review OTC derivatives reporting and clearing initiatives in South Africa and beyond
- Understand capital requirements mandated by Basel III
- Revisit counterparty credit exposures and CVA modelling
- Discover developments in stress testing and scenario analysis in risk management
- Explore the feasibility of high frequency trading in South Africa
- Evaluate operations control function within the operational risk framework
- Learn to structure holistic enterprise wide risk management procedures